Located on SW Salmon between SW 1st and 2nd avenues, Electric Avenue features four direct current fast charge (DCFC) and two Level 2 charging stations, capable of charging any type of electric vehicle.*
Electric Avenue pricing
Starting February 20, 2018, Electric Avenue will have a combined parking and electric charging fee. No meter payment is required while vehicles are actively charging. The two-hour time limit still applies.
You can purchase a $25 monthly membership through Greenlots. The Electric Avenue Monthly Charging Plan:
- Replaces all flat fees
- Does not include the additional peak time charging fees of $.19 per kWh
- One monthly subscription plan is required per vehicle
- Includes parking for two hours. Vehicles that are parked for longer than two hours and/or not actively charting may be ticketed by the City of Portland
- Only applies to the charging stations located at 121 SW Salmon St., between SW 1st and 2nd Avenues
Electric vehicle future
To make it easier and more convenient for you to plug in, charge up and drive on, PGE has proposed building six more Electric Avenue-style charging locations throughout PGE’s service area.
* The DCFC stations are capable of charging vehicles at a rate of 50 kilowatts (kW) and are equipped with two types of vehicle charging cables: CHAdeMO and Combined Charging System (CCS). CHAdeMO cables connect to Nissan, Kia, Mitsubishi, and Tesla (via adapter only) vehicles. CCS cables connect to Chevrolet, VW, BMW, and (future) Ford vehicles.
The Level 2 stations are capable of charging vehicles at 6.7 kW using an SAE J-1772 cable and are compatible with all electric vehicles.