PGE has teamed up with Nest and Energy Trust of Oregon to help you save energy and get rewarded at the same time.
If you have a ducted heat pump or central air conditioning, and install a Nest Learning Thermostat or a Nest Thermostat E, you could:
- Save energy – the Nest learns what temperature you like and builds a schedule to keep you comfy while you keep more of your cash.1
- Get $50 cash back from Energy Trust.2
- Earn up to $50 this winter, plus more each year, when you sign up for Rush Hour Rewards.
1 Independent studies showed that the Nest Learning Thermostat saved people an average of 10 to 12 percent on heating bills and 15 percent on cooling bills. Based on typical energy costs, Nest estimates average savings of $131 to $145 a year. Actual savings will vary.
2 See EnergyTrust.org/Thermostat for eligibility details.
Already have a Nest?
If you also have a ducted heat pump or central air conditioning, you’re ready to start earning Rush Hour Rewards!
What's Rush Hour Rewards?
- We want to lower demand during energy rush hours, like those cold winter mornings or hot summer afternoons when everyone runs to their thermostat.
- The Nest Thermostat can help you use less energy by adjusting the temperature ahead of time and tweaking it up to three degrees during a rush hour.
- You get rewarded for helping out. We’ll send you $25 just for enrolling in the program.
- You can also earn $25 more for each winter and summer you stay enrolled, depending on what kind of heating and cooling you have. (See details below.)
- And, you’re helping PGE keep overall prices lower by reducing demand when market prices tend to be higher.
- You’re in control. If you’re home, Nest won’t let it get too cold or too hot. But if you start to feel uncomfortable, you can change the temperature at any time.
- Earn up to $75 in the first year. Portland General Electric will send you $25 about 6 to 8 weeks after you enroll. Plus get an extra $25 for each summer and winter you stay enrolled.*
- There will be a maximum of 10 three-hour rush hour events each summer or winter. Rush hours may occur between 7 and 11 a.m. or 3 and 8 p.m. on weekdays, and never on major holidays.
- You’ll only get one rush hour event a day, and there will never be more than three rush hour events per week.
- You must participate in at least 50% of rush hour events during a summer or winter season in order to be eligible for the seasonal payment.
- In addition to receiving $25 for enrolling in Rush Hour Rewards, here’s how much qualified PGE customers can earn:
- Have a ducted heat pump? You can earn $25 per summer or winter season, up to $50 per year.
- Have central air conditioning? You can earn $25 per summer season.
- Have a central electric furnace? You can earn $25 per winter season.
How to install a Nest
It’s easy! This short video walks you through the process.
Want a pro to do it?
These PGE-approved heating and cooling contractors are also part of the Nest Pro network. Prices may vary, depending on your system and your home.
Get your Energy Trust cash back!
Once you’ve bought your Nest, be sure to see if you qualify for a $50 cash back incentive from Energy Trust.