Want to know why northern Oregon is attracting so many data centers? Here are five good reasons:
Lower total cost of ownership
There’s no sales tax in Oregon, and we have multi-year property tax exemptions available in designated Enterprise Zones.
It is easy being green
We make it easy for you to go 100 percent renewable with affordable green tags from Pacific Northwest projects, and the nation’s No. 1 renewable power program.
Even our basic power mix is strong on renewables:
- PGE owns two wind farms with combined capacity of more than 700 MW, plus solar projects and certified green hydroelectric.
- We are meeting Oregon’s goal of 15 percent qualifying, new renewable resources in our generation mix in 2018. We’re on track to meet the 2025 goal of 25 percent.
PGE’s partnership and customer commitment is world class!Jim Linkous, Western Regional Vice President of Sales, Infomart Data Centers
Big pipe to Asia & the Pacific Rim
We’re on several Trans-Pacific cable routes (including 12 cable landings in Oregon) for quick connection to rapidly growing Asian markets.
PGE programs that cut your costs
If your business requires standby generators, we can put them to work when demand for power is highest. In exchange, we pick up your routine maintenance costs and typically pay for the fuel your generators use.
Fun, convenient location
Even day-to-day business is easier here, with:
- lively urban areas and amenities
- an expert, engaged workforce
- easy access to Portland International Airport from almost anywhere
- more than 25 daily flights to the Bay Area